Ryan Elantri is a senior at The Pennsylvania State University who is majoring in economics and Mandarin Chinese. He is very excited to pursue a career in international finance following graduation. As domestic economies become increasingly reliant on global economies, international business, finance, and investments have more relevance in the everyday lives of people around the globe.
Here are the biggest global hotspots for international business and finance.
- New York City: This is one of the world’s biggest economic centers, and young aspiring professionals everywhere dream about the Big Apple. It’s easy to see why: there are plenty of jobs available and some of the biggest companies on the planet are headquartered here.
- London: This is the world’s second biggest center for finance jobs. The city’s prime location in Europe means that you have easy access to other big financial centers on the Continent, and it’s also only a seven-hour flight from the US.
- Toronto: Another North American powerhouse, Toronto has a population of over 2.5 million people and is home to some of the biggest companies in Canada. Many companies and investors like working in Toronto because it has the prestige of New York and London, but without the same level of competition.
- Shanghai: Ryan Elantri actually completed his finance internship in Shanghai, and there are are plenty of opportunities here for young financial professionals. It’s the biggest city in China, and there are many foreign investors who enjoy doing business here.
Follow Ryan Elantri on Houzz.com: https://www.houzz.com/pro/ryanelantri/ryan-elantri
Ryan Elantri is a rising senior majoring in economics and Mandarin Chinese at The Pennsylvania State University. Ryan Elantri recently completed a study abroad program in China, where he took a summer course at the Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance and interned at Boardroom Limited as an analyst in finance and accounting. Study abroad trips are a great way to network with important people in your field around the world, as well as gain exposure to a new culture. If you are embarking on a study abroad program in the near future, here’s how you can prepare.
-Practice the language as often as possible in preparation for your trip. See if you can recruit a friend or family member to help you with this task. You should also make sure you know phrases and terms that directly relate to travel, because they can help you out in many sticky situations.
-Get any necessary immunizations or other medical precautions out of the way. The last thing you want is to get to your destination and not be able to do anything because you get sick.
-Research the monetary system of the country you will be traveling to, understand the currency exchange rates, and make sure you get your accounts in order so that you will be able to access the funds you need while you are traveling.
-Finally, be sure to get your passport and visa completely taken care of, and double check them. Better safe than sorry!
Ryan Elantri found that his study abroad experience was incredibly beneficial to his prospective career.
Follow Ryan Elantri on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-elantri-917991106/
Ryan Elantri is an economics and Mandarin Chinese major at The Pennsylvania State University. Following graduation in spring of 2017, Ryan Elantri is looking forward to pursuing a career in international business and finance. He has traveled to China through an internship program, and believes in the importance of keeping up with both international and domestic current events. This is becoming increasingly important as major political and economic changes happen around the world. If you haven’t been keeping up with current events, here’s why you should start.
– Being informed about current events will help you speak knowledgeably with those around you. This is especially important for young people, who may be looking to impress professors or potential employers. If you have ever felt left out during conversations among your friends and coworkers about things that are going on in the world, then staying informed about current events will help keep you in the loop.
– It can help you make better decisions politically and financially. When you know things like what is going on with the global economy and what political candidates and world leaders are saying, you will be able to make better decisions, as well as understand their impact on the greater global community,
– Current events are genuinely interesting. There are many online platforms, apps, and blogs that present the news in ways that are very accessible and easy to read, so you have no excuse for not keeping up with what’s going on.
Ryan Elantri always makes an effort to stay informed about current events.
Also Read: Ryan Elantri – How to Prepare for a Study Abroad